I have just finished reading such an interesting book. It made such perfect sense to me in terms of the human body and the food you eat. It is called, Eat Right For Your Type by Dr Peter J.D’Adamo with Catherine Whitney. Naturopathic physician Dr. Peter J. D’Adamo introduces a revolutionary new way to eat—and to live. It is based on an individualised diet plan for each person’s blood type to staying healthy. Your blood type reflects your internal chemistry and determines the way you absorb nutrients. Each blood type processes food, handles stress, and fights disease differently. This book tells you to combine the foods that are right for you.
Blood Type O:
- Focus on higher protein diet (lean meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables) and eliminate grains
- Perform energetic aerobic exercise
Blood Type A:
- Vegetarian Diet (meat-free diet based on fruit and vegetables, beans and legumes, and whole grains).
- Exercise more mildly, and ease tension through meditation.
Blood Type B:
- Varied diet, including certain meat, low-fat dairy products, green vegetables and eggs. Avoid chicken, corn, wheat, buckwheat, lentils, tomatoes, peanuts, and sesame seeds.
- Exercise moderately.
Blood Type AB:
- You have most of the benefits and intolerance of Types A and B. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and smoked or cured meats.
Every 6 months I see Wendy Middleton B.E.S.T System and she tests what foods your body agrees with and what you should avoid and after reading the Eat Right For Your Type both sources are aligned. The B.E.S.T System picks up the same kind of foods the book advises I should avoid or focus on.
I encourage everyone to read this book. I believe in living a balanced diet and even if you apply the basic principles of the kind of foods your body should be eating you will see a difference.