What a great start to my day! I headed down to Umhlanga beach for some yoga with the uber chilled, talented Tam Lewis from Little Palm Tree. It was the most beautiful morning, just puts you in the best mood. As I am restricted from doing hectic exercise with this program, I have found I have a real love for yoga and really makes me feel great. You can view the timetable on Tam’s website www.littlepalmtree.co.za.
Every morning when I wake up I have a cup of my homemade kidney tea, which is a mixture of the following herbs:
- Stinging Nettle Leaves (anti-anemic, nutritive & lowers blood sugar)
- Marshmellow Root (soothes the urinary system)
- Lavender (relaxant/ calming)
- Couchgrass (soothes the urinary system)
- Horsetail (anti-inflammatory) – don’t worry, nothing to do with horses!
It is quick, easy and actually tastes good. As I no longer drink coffee, I am finding all sorts of tasty herbal teas. Colombo Tea & Coffee Co. stocks the most delicious range of tea’s (orange rooibos, cranberry, strawberry & vanilla rooibos and apple to name a few).